As I dig through the blowback on Jessica DaSilva's blog, it's remarkable how many self-righteous journalism dinosaurs are posting their (generally anonymous) opinions without troubling themselves to do any reporting or analysis. Scanning through these comments, I see these not-so-sage observations:
- Blogs are a proven failure.
- Hyperlocal journalism is a proven failure.
- Video is a proven failure.
- The Internet is a proven failure.
- All our troubles would go away if we'd just quit giving away our precious content, because free content is a proven failure.
Good lord! Which is worse: Youthful naivete, or the willful ignorance of the middle-aged?